This straightforward Potato Soup recipe is usually the best! It’s fast and simple to create around the stovetop, it’s nice creamy (without needing heavy cream), and it’s always so cozy and comforting and scrumptious.
Have you got a favorite potato soup recipe?
Otherwise — psst — bookmark that one!
This straightforward potato soup recipe continues to be my attempted-and-true, back-pocket, all-time-favorite for more than ten years now. It’s perfectly wealthy and creamy (without needing heavy cream), it’s filled with flavor (because bland potato soup may be the worst), it’s easy to adjust to be vegetarian and/or gluten-free (see below), which is always, always an audience fave. I promise it won’t allow you to lower.
Let’s have potato soup!
Potato Soup Recipe 1-Minute V >
Potato Soup Ingredients:
To create this straightforward potato soup recipe, you’ll need:
- Bacon: I suggest using center-cut bacon here, to help keep it a little more lean. But any type of bacon you like is going to do. We’ll also employ its leftover grease (or butter, if you like) to saut the veggies for added flavor. That sa >or veggie stock, after which whatever type of milk you want (I made use of 2% cow’s milk).
- Taters: I recommend causeing this to be soup with buttery Yukon gold taters. But russets or red taters would also do.
- Cheese: I suggest a great sharp cheddar cheese for maximum flavor.
- Greek yogurt or sour cream: To help make the soup extra-creamy.
- Pepper and salt: Add because you’ll need in the finish to season your soup well.
And finally…toppings! I’m a large believer the more, the merrier with regards to toppings and potato soup. Some classic options could include
- Extra bacon, extra shredded cheese, thinly-sliced eco-friendly onions or chives, sour cream, fresh thyme, sprinkle of Cajun seasoning
Steps To Make Potato Soup:
To create this potato soup recipe, simply:
- Prepare the bacon. Dice after which saut it inside a large stockpot until it’s nice crispy. Then transfer the bacon to some plate lined with sponges, and reserve a couple of tablespoons leftover grease within the stockpot (discarding the remainder.)
- Saut the veggies. Saut the onion and garlic clove within the bacon grease until softened. Then stir in certain flour, to produce your roux.
- Add broth and taters. Adding the stock, milk and taters. Prepare before the taters until softened, ensuring to stir the soup regularly so the bottom doesn’t burn.
- Add remaining ingredients. Then stir within the cheese, Greek yogurt (or sour cream), and crispy bacon bits. Taste and season the soup with pepper and salt.
- Serve warm. Then serve up, loaded up wonderful your preferred toppings!
Guys, there are plenty of methods to personalize this soup! Some options could include:
- Allow it to be vegetarian: Nix the bacon. And instead, include 2-3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning for a little bit of extra flavor. (Plus, use butter or essential olive oil instead of the bacon grease.)
- Allow it to be gluten-free: You can either:
- omit the flour, and rather, whisk a tablespoon of corn starch in to the cold milk after which combine it with the soup
- don’t be worried about corn starch/flour whatsoever, and rather, puree 1 / 2 of the soup to thicken it
- Lighten up: You can:
- omit the flour and a pair of tablespoons grease/butter, and rather, puree 1 / 2 of the soup to thicken it
- use skim milk
- use poultry bacon (although you may want to include some extra essential olive oil or butter to saut the veggies)
- Include extra seasoning: If you’d like to provide your soup an additional twist, you can include 1 tablespoon:
- Cajun Seasoning (my personal favorite)
- Italian Seasoning
- Za’atar Seasoning
- Taco Seasoning
- Use a mixture of taters: On a regular basis, you can utilize a mixture of Yukon gold taters and sweet taters, for additional of the sweet and savory mixture of flavors
- Include additional veggies: If you’d prefer to load this track of extra veggies, you can add in a number of chopped cauliflower and/or broccoli combined with the taters. They fully trust this recipe too!
Things To Serve With Potato Soup:
Searching for many sides for everyone with this particular potato soup recipe? Listed here are a couple of of my faves: